TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Show and Tell Saturday

If you would like to guest post for Show & Tell Saturday I would LOVE to have you! You don't have to have a blog just write up something in a word document, attach a few pictures and email it to me!
For this week's Show & Tell Saturday here is my friend Jess!




*****************************************

About a week or two ago Robin gave me this boppy pillow that she found at a garage sale for $1 dollar.
After looking at it we realized that there was a pattern for making your own boppy cover on the back of the packaging! I was planning on making a cover for the boppy anyway and already had the fabric. I got a great deal on some minky from an online fabric store called Fabric.com The site can be a little overwhelming to navigate if you don't know exactly what you want but it has great prices and promotions to help you get the most for your dollar.

First I laid out the fabric and cut out the pattern on the back of plastic which was covering the boppy pillow.
Step 2: I folded the fabric where the pattern showed and pinned the pattern to the fabric.
Step 3: Once pinned, we cut out the fabric. We then repeated step two so we will have 2 sides for our cover.


I wanted to be able to take my boppy cover off and wash it so I looked up how to sew in a hidden zipper and found this tutorial from Sew Serendipity.

Step 4: After measureing where I wanted my zipper I followed the tutorial step by step to make my cover removable.  
It was pretty simple. It was only a matter of pinning
and then sewing.
You can hardly tell its there and now I will be able to keep my boppy clean!

Step 5: Once the zipper is sewn in, then you pin the two pieces together and sew starting on one side of the zipper finishing at the other, make sure you leave it a little unzipped so you can flip it right side out when you are finished.


Step 6: When your finished sewing, flip your boppy inside out and stuff your pillow in!


Step 7: Admire your amazing work! Ha Ha
 


*****************************
Jess! This is so cute. I love the giraffe print you chose and you did an awesome job at putting it together! Thank you so much for posting about it today! 









8 comments:

  1. Love the pillow! No garage sales today :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute pillow cover! I'm going to have to remember this! I have a boppy pillow, but the cover is getting kinda grungy! Thanks for the follow, I am now following you back!

    Hope you'll visit me and read whats new!

    Sarah @ http://sarahbtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a great idea! If you buy them at the store, they are very expensive and the patterns are so ugly. I never thought about making my own. Thanks for the tips and I should try it out whenever my hubby and I decided to have baby #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Thanks for following, I'm following you back! Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE garage sales! I was thinking of having one soon, so I am so happy that we found each other through the link up! That is one chic boppy. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girl! I am so late but I will get it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! Jess did a great job! Thanks for Guest posting Jess!

    ReplyDelete