TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fashion on a Dime


Here is my latest Fashion on a Dime. I hate spending ridiculous amounts of money on clothes, which is why I buy most of my clothes and my families clothes at garage sales and second hand stores! I will be breaking down each piece of my outfit to let you know what I paid and where I bought it!






Financial stats for this outfit are:
White t-shirt- $2.50 at Savers
Teal and knit vest- .50 at a garage sale!
True Religion capris- $7 dollars at a garage sale!!! (When I bought these the zipper was broken on them so I took them into my alterations lady who fixed them for $15) The total amount I spent on my True Religion jean capris was $22.
White and brown flats- $4 dollars at Deseret Industries (just like a Good Will)
Brown leather bracelet- .50 cents at a garage sale
Pearl bracelet- $5.00 off Ebay

My total outfit cost is $34.50! My DPWF (Dress Per Wear Factor) is $3.50!

Buying clothes for your family doesn't have to break the bank! I hope I can inspire you to get out there and start thrifting and garage saleing to see what you can find! 

I am linking to:

16 comments:

  1. That shirt is SO pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm a new follower of yours as well now! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 cents for that beauty? Wow, what a steal! I really love the lace details on it. Great buy!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! While I don't normally look for clothes at yard sales, I will occasionally find a good deal. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great bracelets and awesome outfit!!
    Happy 4th friend!
    Janiene

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love to shop but I LOVE to buy "cheaper". you have a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! Great finds!! I'm still a pretty new follower of yours but I can tell that your blog is going to turn into one of my favorites!

    Sapir @ smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! I'm visiting you from Sole Searching! LOVE your new outfit and LOVE garage sales and thrift stores. Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the follow! I'm following you back! LOVE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started following your blog about a week ago and I have to say that I really love it! I love your garage sale finds and your creations. I also really enjoy your fashion on a dime posts! Keep up the great blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. what great finds!!! I LOVE that vest - it is beautiful!! following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! What an awesome deal on the True Religions! I just found your blog and am lovin' it. I was just wondering -- do you try on clothes at garage sales, or just hope for the best?? And what about places like Savers or Goodwill? I always feel a little weird about that and end up passing things up... Any advice? I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you to those of you who came to follow me back and to everyone for all the support and comment love! I love reading everyones comments!

    ReplyDelete